NOVEMBER 3RD, 2017 5PM-12AM
Join us as we celebrate life on November 3rd as we close out the Day of the Dead holiday with music, dancing, traditional arts and food on South 4th Street. Dia de los Muertos presented by el Jimador (Day of the Dead) 2017 will begin on Tuesday, October 31 and ends on Thursday, November 2. South 4th street retailers and art galleries will be participating with art, decorations, gifts and remembrances all week. The week will close on Friday with a large street party, November 3rd to bring everyone together with public altars, a candle lit vigil, hot chocolate, pan de meurto and so much more.
The theme of the November 3th Republic Bank First Friday Hop will be in celebration of the Day of the Dead.
Tentative schedule for November 3rd Day of the Dead Louisville 2017 – based on last years celebration.
– Event begins at 5 p.m. and goes through 10:00 p.m. on
– 5:00 – Street Gallery, Public Altars and Vendor Alley opens
– 5:30 – Children’s coloring contest with Republic Bank First Friday Hop
– 5:30 – Free children’s Calavera face painting with LALs, University of Louisville’s Latin American and Latino Studies, Kentucky College of Art and Design and UofL Hispanic/Latino Initiatives
– 5:30 – Literary Calaveritas, Sugar Skull decoration and Day of the Dead decorations and altars with Craft Gallery & Mercantile, Regalo Gifts, Gifthorse, Block Party Handmade Boutique, The Mysterious Rack Kentucky
– 5:45 – Chocolate Caliente Mexicano at Cellar Door Chocolates
– 5:45 – Costume photo booth with Design Web
– 6:00 – México Lindo Children Folkloric Dancers
– 7:00 – Camino Flamenco Dancers
– 7:30 – Calavera Catrina face painting and Henna
– 8:00 – Father David Sánchez of St. Joseph Catholic Church – Louisville KY to bless the street and public altars and lead a candle lit procession
– 8:15 – Appalatin
– 9:15 – Salsa Rhythms
– CirqueLouis and fire dancers will be on the street performing throughout the night.
- Official after party all night long starting at 10pm at Fourth Street with awesome drinks and treats and music!
- Worlds Largest Day of the Dead Toast with el Jimador
Day of the Dead Louisville presented by el Jimador on South 4th street – Friday November 3rd 5:30 to – 10pm
Live Music – Fire Performers – Flamenco & Folkloric Dancing
Costume contest – Come dressed as your favorite Frida Kahlo or Skeleton Dress as someone you would like to honor, as a sugar skull, Calavera de la Catrina or as Mictecacihuatl and Mictlantecuhtli, the Aztec goddess known as the Lady of the Dead and her partner. Prizes for best and most creative, photos for all.
Sugar Skull and Tissue flower workshop – Face painting – Public altars
Day of the dead merchandise sold at most South 4th retailers
Guests are encouraged to wear costumes and masks and to bring photos or drawings of loved ones passed to honor and share at our public altar.
Food, Beer & Margaritas will also be available
Provided by Mi Cocina
Red Tree, Block Party, Regalo, Gift Horse, Craft Gallery and Mercantile and many more will be selling great Day of the Dead items. There will be a street party on 500 South 4th street with live Sugar Skulls, Face painting and a professional photographer at Cellar Door along with hot chocolate in the traditional Aztec and Mayan style!
Celebrate life with us, All Soul’s & All Saint’s Day or Día de los Muertos, let us come together and honor all those whom we have loved.