Tentative schedule for November 3rd Day of the Dead Louisville – based on last years celebration.
– Set up and decoration begins at 5 p.m. volunteers wanted!
Coloring group and coloring contest at Cellar Door then hang up your work in the public altar and gallery!
Featuring Mexican Beer Wine and el Jimador Tequila cocktails! Join us for the Dia de los Muertos toast at 8pm and 10pm!
Fun starts at 6pm and goes through 10:00 p.m. Then over to 4th Street live for the free concert and toast!
– 5:00 – Street Gallery, Public Altars and Vendor Alley opens
– 5:30 – Children’s coloring contest with Republic Bank First Friday Hop
– 5:30 – Free children’s Calavera face painting with LALs, University of Louisville’s Latin American and Latino Studies, Kentucky College of Art and Design and UofL Hispanic/Latino Initiatives
– 5:30 to 7pm – Literary Calaveritas, basically improv and limericks, you make up a funny obituary about someone who is not yet dead. There will also be Sugar Skull decoration and Day of the Dead decorations and altars with Craft Gallery & Mercantile, Regalo Gifts, Gifthorse, Block Party Handmade Boutique, The Mysterious Rack Kentucky and more
– 5:45 – Chocolate Caliente Mexicano at Cellar Door Chocolates
– 5:45 – Costume photo booth with Design Web
– 6:00 – México Lindo Children Folkloric Dancers
– 7:00 – Camino Flamenco Dancers
– 7:30 – Calavera Catrina face painting and Henna
– 8:00 – Father David Sánchez of St. Joseph Catholic Church – Louisville KY to bless the street and public altars and lead a candle lit procession
– 8:15 – Appalatin
– 9:15 – Salsa Rhythms
– CirqueLouis and fire dancers will be on the street performing throughout the night.
About the Event on First Friday:
The Facebook page: