Distance: 5.9 miles one-way round trip
Steps: ~1800 -2000 steps each way
Turns or Loops: 11/1
Elevations: Mostly Flat and Low, no hills
Weather: Outdoor uncovered
Transportation backup: Free and fare required TARC routes. LouLift runs most of this path with buses passing every 15 minutes from 7 am to 7 pm along the full length of the route should you need to stop the hike.
Parking: On street paid, $1.50 per hour or free after 6 pm, lots and garages on every block for $3-6 daily
Highlights: Distillery tours, galleries, window shopping, food, visitor center, tourist attractions, local landmarks, street, and public art.
Take a short Hike on the Republic Bank First Friday Hop
This route is just over 5.8 miles from just off East Main street down 4th Street for about 4 blocks than on to West Main Street and should clock you in at around 10,000 steps round trip.
This route is mostly flat with clear paved sidewalks, public paths and should be fully ADA accessible with audio and visual walk signs, curb ramps and wide smooth paths. This path does include bike lanes on roughly half the route and in sections where it does not include bike lanes traffic flows at bike-friendly speeds.
Featured on the Urban Bourbon Hike from East Main Street to West Main Street
- Vendome Copper and Brass – Where the world’s best copper stills are made (Call for apt)
- Rabbit Hole Distillery (Shop & Tours daily)
- Angel’s Envy Distillery (Shop & Tours daily)
- Old Forester Distillery (Shop & Tours daily)
- Down One Bourbon Bar
- Jim Beam Urban Still House (Shop & Shows daily)
- Barrel On Main – Landmark Artwork
- Evan Willaim’s Bourbon Experience at the Evan Williams Distillery (Shop & Tours daily)
- Mitchter’s Fort Nelson Distillery (Shop & Tours daily)
- Art Eatables
- Kentucky Peerless (Shop & Tours daily)
- Old 502 Winery